VIRTUAL CLASS ǀ Cook the Book with Yasmin Fahr ǀ Tuesday, March 31st
All class times are in PST.
Join the ebullient Yasmin Fahr as she cooks from her new cookbook Keeping it Simple! She will make a vegetarian, not-so-Texas, chili with black beans and squash. Yasmin will be co-hosting the event with her sister Ashley Fahr, founder of Cookdrop.
Jump in on the sibling fun!
This class will conclude with a 5 minute Q&A.
Ingredients you will need*:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash (450g/1lb), peeled and cubed (see pg.16)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 yellow and 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, roughly chopped, and 1 tablespoon of the sauce for a spicy chili, reduce for less heat
- 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) low-salt vegetable stock (broth)
- 2 x 400 g (15 oz) tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 spring onions (scallions), white and light green parts only, sliced
- 125 g (4 oz/1 cup) grated cheddar, for serving
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved, destoned, peeled and diced, for serving
- 1 small hot red chilli, seeded and decided, for serving (optional)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
- homemade or store-bought tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
Once students sign up, they will receive an email detailing:
- Equipment needed (nothing fancy!)
- Instructions for joining class
*If you are unable to procure all ingredients listed, don’t fret! Respond via email with what you have on hand, and Yasmin will come up with alternatives for you. Substitutions are most welcome during this time.
Grab your quarantine mates and join us!
Instructor: Yasmin Fahr
Buy the Book: Available on Kindle through Amazon; or better yet, support your local bookstore! Find out where you can find the book near you through Indie Bound.